The Means to Succeed
The University of Kansas provides faculty members at all stages in their careers with the tools and opportunities needed to succeed and flourish. The office of faculty development offers a number of programs that support faculty throughout their time at KU. We can also assist with questions about policies that guide faculty processes.
Faculty development programs and opportunities include:
- New Faculty Development
- Leadership Development, including Chair/Director Development and the Senior Administrative Fellows Program
- The Center for Teaching Excellence
- Keeler Intra-university Professorships
- Big XII Faculty Fellowship Program
In addition, the office provides oversight and support for
- Recruitment and appointments of new faculty, including Hiring for Excellence
- Distinguished and Foundation Professor Recruitment
- The Bold Aspirations Visitor and Lecture Series
- Promotion and Tenure
- Sabbatical Applications
- Leaves of Absence and Modified Instructional Duties and
The faculty development office is committed to helping faculty be successful at KU. We look forward to working with you!