Professor Maeng earned her Ph.D. from the University of Wisconsin. Her research is in the area social cognition with specific emphasis on the role of emotion and motivation invoked by social cues in shaping judgment and decision-making. She examines a wide range of social phenomena from individuals’ face perceptions to social crowding to answer questions about how consumer decisions are influenced by these social contexts.
- One of 34 U.S. public institutions in the prestigious Association of American Universities
- 26 prestigious Rhodes Scholars — more than all other Kansas colleges combined
- Nearly $290 million in financial aid annually
- 46 nationally ranked graduate programs.
—U.S. News & World Report
- Top 50 nationwide for size of library collection.
- 23rd nationwide for service to veterans —"Best for Vets," Military Times
- December 25, 2014
- Foundation makes $5,000 commitment to KU Statehouse Wire Service