Guidance on Faculty Evaluations
New guidance has been developed regarding all upcoming faculty evaluation processes and taking the impacts of COVID-19 into account.
- Faculty members should continue to have the opportunity to share COVID-19 impacts on teaching, research, service, and professional performance.
- To promote consistency, supervisors and evaluation committee members should have frameworks for taking stated impacts into account in evaluating faculty work.
In consultation with Faculty Senate leadership, we have developed a single guidance document covering annual review (2021 Calendar Year onward), PTTR (beginning 2022-2023 Academic Year), P&T (2022-2023 Academic Year; guidance is the same as 2021-2022), and PTR (beginning 2021-2022 Academic Year). Key aspects of the guidance include:
- Sharing information about the impacts of COVID-19 is optional
- If faculty choose to address impacts, they may do so as part of existing narratives and reports
- If a unit’s process does not involve narratives, faculty must be given the option to share impacts in a separate document