National Center for Faculty Development and Diversity
(click link above)
Thanks to the generous support of Chancellor Bernadette Gray-Little, KU is now an institutional member of the National Center for Faculty Development & Diversity (NCFDD). This membership provides a resource for professional development, training, and mentorship opportunities for faculty, post-docs, and graduate students.
The NCFDD provides a variety of web-based services including webinars, facilitated learning communities, an online forum, peer accountability matches and others. All NCFDD programs are based on a core curriculum of foundational skills critical to academic success that transcend discipline, rank, race, and gender. While these resources can benefit a large number of faculty, graduate students, and post-docs, they also directly address unique challenges that scholars from under-represented groups experience.
Resources focus on increasing productivity, time management, maintaining work-life balance, resolving conflict, and personal organization. Additionally, NCFDD resources will provide guidance to faculty to help broaden their mentoring and professional networks.
To learn more about the National Center for Faculty Development and Diversity, please visit www.facultydiversity.org.
- Visit www.FacultyDiversity.org
- Click on the “Become a Member” icon along the top of the page, then "Join Now"
- Scroll to the bottom of the page to select “Institutional Sub-Account”
- On the “Select a Username” page use your institution issued e-mail address in the Username box
- Complete the registration process
- You will receive a welcome e-mail within 24 business hours confirming that your account is active and that you can access NCFDD resources