Bob & Kathie Taylor Excellence in Teaching Award
We are now accepting nominations for the 2021-2022 Academic Year.
We are pleased to solicit nominations for the Bob and Kathie Taylor Teaching Excellence Award. This award is newly established and made possible through a generous donation by Bob and Kathie Taylor. The award carries a stipend of $4,000, less applicable taxes, and is presented annually to a longstanding KU lecturer or other non-tenure track faculty or academic staff member whose career exemplifies best the commitment of the university to outstanding teaching and the long-term success of students. The recipient will be announced and honored at the Center for Teaching Excellence Teaching Summit. Nominations are invited from students, faculty, staff, and alumni of the University.
All non-tenure track faculty or academic staff with substantial teaching responsibilities are eligible for this award.
Nominations are due by Friday, June 18, 2021 at 5:00 p.m. Submit all materials online here. The chair or dean endorsement (if applicable) may be submitted separately from the nomination materials online. Complete Eligibility and Nomination Procedures can be found here.
- 2020, David Griffin, Chemical and Petroleum Engineering
- 2020, Lauri Hermann-Ginsberg, Curriculum and Teaching
- 2020, Alee Phillips, Business
- 2019, Kerry Benson, Journalism and Mass Communications
- 2019, Brendan Mattingly, Undergraduate Biology Program
- 2018, Anne Patterson, Architecture
- 2018, Pamela Keller, Law
- 2018, Susan Marshall, Psychology