Faculty Development Programs
- Keeler Intrauniversity Professorships The purpose of this program is to provide faculty members an opportunity to strengthen their knowledge of an academic specialty, to broaden or achieve greater depth in a defined field of study, or to achieve competence in a new area of scholarly endeavor.
- Big XII Faculty Fellowship Program This program offers faculty the opportunity to travel to institutions in the Big XII Conference to exchange ideas and research.
- Senior Administrative Fellows Program The University of Kansas Senior Administrative Fellows program is based on the philosophy from the American Council on Education (ACE) fellows. KU has a wealth of talent within its faculty ranks, however, few faculty have the luxury of taking an entire year off to participate in such excellent programs as the ACE Fellows.
- Sabbatical Leave Faculty members interested in applying for a sabbatical leave should consult the Board of Regents and University guidelines and policies concerning sabbatical leaves found in the link above.
- Center for Teaching Excellence CTE provides opportunities for faculty to discuss students' learning and ways to enhance learning in their classrooms; supports faculty as they implement their ideas for improving students' learning; brings research about teaching to the attention of the university community; encourages involvement in the scholarship of teaching and learning; offers course assistance at any stage; fosters instruction innovation; and advocates and recognizes excellence in teaching.
- Research Programs The mission of the Office for the Vice Provost for Research is to enhance and facilitate University research and creative activity.