Progress Toward Tenure Review
The progress toward tenure review is a formal review conducted approximately midway through the probationary period for tenure-track faculty. The purpose of the review is to give faculty members a meaningful appraisal of their progress-to-date toward earning tenure and to orient them to elements of the formal tenure review process. At the conclusion of the review, faculty members receive a letter from the dean providing feedback on their progress toward tenure and informing them of the review outcome: (1) evidence sufficient for continuing the tenure-track appointment; (2) evidence requires a subsequent probationary review in the next academic year; or (3) evidence supports a recommendation for non-reappointment.
An open meeting for candidates, chairs, directors, and any interested party is held each year. The 2016 open meeting will be held on October 19 in the Big XII Room of the Kansas Union at 4:00 P.M.
- Candidate CV - Faculty may use the Faculty Pro portfolio system to generate a draft of their Candidate CV.
- Candidate Statements
- Candidate Verification and List of Supporting Material
- Initial Review Evaluation Documents (57 KB)
- Intermediate Review Composite Evaluation and Recommendation (34 KB)
- Provost Office Reporting Chart (32 KB) Reporting charts are due from the schools on March 15, 2017 at 5:00 p.m.