Progress Toward Tenure Review
The progress toward tenure review is a formal review conducted approximately midway through the probationary period for tenure-track faculty. The purpose of the review is to give faculty members a meaningful appraisal of their progress-to-date toward earning tenure and to orient them to elements of the formal tenure review process. At the conclusion of the review, faculty members receive a letter from the dean providing feedback on their progress toward tenure and informing them of the review outcome: (1) evidence sufficient for continuing the tenure-track appointment; (2) evidence requires a subsequent probationary review in the next academic year; or (3) evidence supports a recommendation for non-reappointment.
An open meeting for candidates, chairs, directors, and any interested party is held each year. The next open meeting will be October 22, 2018, from 4:00-5:30 in the Kansas Room of the Kansas Union.
- General Instructions (Currently Updating for 2018-2019)
- Joint Appointment Guidelines (Currently Updating for 2018-2019)
- Candidate CV - Faculty may use the Faculty Pro portfolio system to generate a draft of their Candidate CV.
- Candidate Statements (Currently Updating for 2018-2019)
- Candidate Verification and List of Supporting Material (Currently Updating for 2018-2019)
- Initial Review Evaluation Documents (Currently Updating for 2018-2019)
- Intermediate Review Composite Evaluation and Recommendation (Currently Updating for 2018-2019)
- Provost Office Reporting Chart - Reporting charts are due from the schools on March 15, 2018 at 5:00 p.m.