Faculty members interested in applying for sabbatical leave should consult the guidelines and policies concerning sabbatical leaves and attend the Open Meeting on Sabbatical Leaves, Wednesday, April 27, 2016, 4:00 p.m., Jayhawk Room of the Kansas Union. It is recommended you attend the open meeting if you are planning to apply for sabbatical leave.
Here is the handout from the open meeting.
Sabbatical Leave Deadlines:
Below are important dates for the sabbatical leave process.
- Applications for sabbatical leave should reach the Office of the Provost no later than Tuesday, November 1, 2016, at 5 p.m., for sabbatical leaves during the 2017-2018 academic year. The individual schools, college, or divisions will establish specific earlier dates for submitting applications to allow for peer review, evaluation and endorsement before the November 1 deadline.
- Any eligible faculty or academic staff member may submit an application for a sabbatical leave without the endorsement of the departmental chairperson, dean or director. Such applications must reach the Office of the Provost by Thursday, September 1, 2016, at 5 p.m., and will be referred to the appropriate department/unit and/or school for comment. They will be treated in the same manner as other sabbatical leave applications. Completed applications may be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Applications received after the published deadlines or incomplete applications will not be accepted for review.
Department/Center, Schools without departments, and Libraries Evaluation Form:
- Initial Level Endorsement and Evaluation Form (including instructions)
- Online submission form for applications from Schools without departments and Libraries (departments must submit to the school via their recommended submission method)
Schools with departments, College, and Office of Research Evaluation Form:
- Intermediate Level Endorsement and Evaluation (including instructions)
- Online submission form for applications from Schools with departments, College, and Office of Research (departments must submit to the school via their recommended submission method)
2016-2017 University Committee on Sabbatical Leaves
|Brent Metz||Associate Professor, Anthropology||2017|
|Milena Stanislavova||Professor, Mathematics||2017|
|Jennifer Ng||Associate Professor, Educational Leadership & Policy Studies||2018|
|Laura Mielke||Associate Professor, English||2018|
|Michael Murray||Professor, Physics & Astronomy||2018|