Faculty members interested in applying for sabbatical leave should consult the guidelines and policies concerning sabbatical leaves and attend the Open Meeting on Sabbatical Leaves:
Sabbatical Leave Deadlines:
Below are important dates for the sabbatical leave process.
- Applications for sabbatical leave should reach the Office of the Provost no later than Monday, November 3, 2014, at 5 p.m., for sabbatical leaves during the 2015-2016 academic year. The individual schools, college, or divisions will establish specific earlier dates for submitting applications to allow for peer review, evaluation and endorsement before the November 3 deadline.
- Any eligible faculty or academic staff member may submit an application for a sabbatical leave without the endorsement of the departmental chairperson, dean or director. Such applications must reach the Office of the Provost by Tuesday, September 2, 2014, at 5 p.m., and will be referred to the appropriate department/unit and/or school for comment. They will be treated in the same manner as other sabbatical leave applications.
- Applications received after the published deadlines or incomplete applications will not be accepted for review.
Department/Center, Schools without departments, and Libraries Evaluation Form:
- Initial Level Endorsement and Evaluation Form (including instructions)
- Online submission form for applications from Schools without departments and Libraries
Schools with departments, College, and Office of Research Evaluation Form:
- Intermediate Level Endorsement and Evaluation (including instructions)
- Online submission form for applications from Schools with departments, College, and Office of Research
2014-2015 University Committee on Sabbatical Leaves
|Jeff Vitter||Provost and Vice Chancellor|
|Brent Metz||Associate Professor, Anthropology||2017|
|Milena Stanislavova||Professor, Mathematics||2017|
|Laura Mielke*||Associate Chair, English||2015|
|Bruce Lieberman||Professor, Ecology & Evolutionary Biology||2015|
|Patricia Manning||Associate Professor, Spanish & Portuguese||2016|
|John Stratton||Associate Librarian, KU Libraries||2017|
|Steven Maynard-Moody||Professor, School of Public Affairs & Administration||2016|
|Margaret Severson||Professor, School of Social Welfare||2015|
|Belinda Sturm||Civil, Architectural & Environmental Engineering||2016|
* interim for 2014-2015 while Iris Fischer, Professor Department of English, is on leave.