Faculty members interested in applying for sabbatical leave should consult the guidelines and policies concerning sabbatical leaves and attend the Open Meeting on Sabbatical Leaves, Wednesday, April 29, 2015, 4:00 p.m., Jayhawk Room of the Kansas Union. Here is the handout. It is recommended you attend the open meeting if you are planning to apply for sabbatical leave. There are many more applications than leaves that can be awarded.
Sabbatical Leave Deadlines:
Below are important dates for the sabbatical leave process.
- Applications for sabbatical leave should reach the Office of the Provost no later than Monday, November 2, 2015, at 5 p.m., for sabbatical leaves during the 2016-2017 academic year. The individual schools, college, or divisions will establish specific earlier dates for submitting applications to allow for peer review, evaluation and endorsement before the November 2 deadline.
- Any eligible faculty or academic staff member may submit an application for a sabbatical leave without the endorsement of the departmental chairperson, dean or director. Such applications must reach the Office of the Provost by Tuesday, September 1, 2015, at 5 p.m., and will be referred to the appropriate department/unit and/or school for comment. They will be treated in the same manner as other sabbatical leave applications. Completed applications may be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Applications received after the published deadlines or incomplete applications will not be accepted for review.
- Sabbatical Leave Request Form (including instructions)
Department/Center, Schools without departments, and Libraries Evaluation Form:
- Initial Level Endorsement and Evaluation Form (including instructions)
- Online submission form for applications from Schools without departments and Libraries (departments must submit to the school via their recommended submission method)
Schools with departments, College, and Office of Research Evaluation Form:
- Intermediate Level Endorsement and Evaluation (including instructions)
- Online submission form for applications from Schools with departments, College, and Office of Research (departments must submit to the school via their recommended submission method)
2015-2016 University Committee on Sabbatical Leaves
|Jeff Vitter||Provost and Vice Chancellor|
|Brent Metz||Associate Professor, Anthropology||2017|
|Milena Stanislavova||Professor, Mathematics||2017|
|Patricia Manning||Associate Professor, Spanish & Portuguese||2016|
|John Stratton||Associate Librarian, KU Libraries||2017|
|Steven Maynard-Moody||Professor, School of Public Affairs & Administration||2016|
|Belinda Sturm||Civil, Architectural & Environmental Engineering||2016|